II Corinthians 8-9
- Giving is not only for the wealthy – “How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.” – II Cor 8:2
- God wants you first – “And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God.” – II Cor 8:5
- Christ is our ultimate motivation (He gave everything) – “For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.” – II Cor 8:9
- Willingness is more important than the amount – “For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.” – II Cor 8:12
- Honesty is valued by God – “Avoiding this, that no man should blame us in this abundance which is administered by us: Providing for honest things, not only in the sight of the Lord, but also in the sight of men.” – II Cor 8:20-21
- Generosity influences others to give – “For as touching the ministering to the saints, it is superfluous for me to write to you: For I know the forwardness of your mind, for which I boast of you to them of Macedonia, that Achaia was ready a year ago; and your zeal hath provoked very many.” – II Cor 9:1-2
- The law of sowing a reaping applies – “But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.” – II Cor 9:6
- Give cheerfully – “Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.” – II Cor 9:7
- Giving leads to thanksgiving – “For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God;” – II Cor 9:12
- You can’t out give God! – “Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.” – II Cor 9:15
Giving is such a simple thing to do but many people are scared that they are just throwing money down the drain. You need to learn to just trust God and He will supply your needs according to his riches!
- Giving is a command (applies to everyone)
- God blesses those that give
- God curses those that don’t give
Trust God with your finances! He can do more for your family than you can!